Here are some of the great services Great Lakes West can provide for your project!
Please feel free to contact us about anything you see listed below, as well as any services you do not see.
The Great Lakes Culinary Design team works to bring your vision to life – collaborating with clients from the very first napkin sketch to schematics, elevations, and all construction documents. Working with Revit and 3D Modeling ensures you get the most realistic design for your finished project. We believe that custom is standard. Our team has real world experience from all facets of the industry.
Our dedicated estimating team provides detailed estimates of cost for equipment, freight, consolidation, installation, & equipment start-ups and training demos.
Thanks to the Great Lakes network of warehouses across the country, including a large warehouse onsite in Mattawan, we easily consolidate equipment until the job site is ready to receive the items.
Great Lakes has vetted installation teams across the country. We go beyond simply uncrating and setting in place. You can expect services such as:
- Installation of base options (legs, casters)
- Hanging Wall Shelving
- Hanging Exhaust Hoods
- Erecting Walk-In Boxes
- Placing & leveling all equipment
- Installing refrigeration systems so they are ready for final connections
- Clean-up and discarding all wrapping materials
- Onsite modifications due to field conditions
Your dedicated Project Manager sees your job through to the last completed detail, coordinating with other trades and overcoming any unforeseen obstacles on the job site. Routine services include:
- Jobsite coordination for equipment delivery
- Field verification
- Documents for all layout floor plans, equipment schedules, mechanical & electrical rough-ins, elevations & fabrication details, HVAC submittal docs
We work with authorized agents to start up and calibrate all newly installed equipment for optimal function. Equipment demos for owners and staff ensure your kitchen equipment will be utilized to its fullest. We stay on top of the newest technology in foodservice equipment, from ovens to beverage systems and everything in-between.
Interior Design & Furniture
Our interior design and furniture specialist can assist with selection, space planning & layout, and ordering any type of furniture your foodservice concept needs. In addition, we have custom fabrication and millwork partners to create just about any look you want.
From your front door to the back door, we have solutions for all smallwares, appliances, cookware, tabletop, & barware needs. Whether it’s a total opening package or a few cases of stemware, we will take care of you.
BUDGET ESTIMATING/VALUE ENGINEERING:
Provide an estimated cost for equipment, freight, consolidation, installation, equipment start-up/calibration based on the preliminary design and discussions with the development team.
Great Lakes West not only has access to virtually all food service equipment, we constantly train our food service specialists on the latest and greatest options to help supply the most efficient solution for your needs.
GLW has their own warehouse as well as a network of warehouses throughout the country in order to consolidate equipment until the job site is ready to receive the items.
Equipment started up by authorized agents to ensure equipment gets calibrated to it’s optimal requirements
Equipment demonstrations to ensure that all staff can be trained to use the equipment to it’s fullest capability
FOOD SERVICE EQUIPMENT:
GLW has install teams throughout the country to receive equipment onsite, uncrate and set all equipment in place including but not limited to:
- Installation of base options (legs, casters, etc.)
- Hanging of wall shelving
- Placing and leveling all equipment
- Peel and discard of all wrapping materials
- Hanging of exhaust hoods
- Receiving and erecting walk in boxes
- Installation of refrigeration systems, running of all remote refrigeration lines and have systems ready for final connections
- Onsite equipment modifications due to field conditions
LAYOUT/FLOOR PLAN DOCUMENTS:
GLW has drawings and documentation capabilities and are able to integrate via AutoCad systems. This allows these documents to be implemented into the projects and sent to the job site as needed. Examples of the documents GLW can provide are:
- Floor Plans
- Equipment schedules
- Mechanical and electrical rough in plans to show where the stub outs are to be located
- Ventilation/exhaust hood submittal documents
- Wall backing/special condition plans
- Equipment elevations, sections and fabrication details
- Trade responsibility matrix